We are looking for patriotic volunteers. Will you answer the call?
WHO ARE WE?
We are grass-roots Patriots who support our American Heroes and their families from the 5th Marine Regiment and the Wounded Warriors Battalion West at Camp Pendleton.
We currently have 300 volunteers from all walks of life. Ages vary from high schoolers to senior citizens and everyone in between.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Support and Outreach for our Brave Defenders and families includes:
- We gather to bid adieu and Godspeed when our Warriors depart for overseas, as well as to welcome them home at the end of their deployment
- Send care packages to our Marines and Sailors when deployed
- Host Thanksgiving Dinner for Marines and families stateside
- Provide toys and gift cards distributed at the Regimental and Battalion Christmas parties
- Hold baby showers for the Brave Women of the Regiment and their soon-to-be “mini-Marines”
- Bake goodies for deployments and special events
- Sponsor meals and snacks for the Wounded Warrior Trials
- Volunteering at Dana Point summer concerts, special City events, and fund-raisers (which give us the necessary funds for all the good work we do for our deserving Marines and families.) Special events include the Food & Wine Festival, the Dana Point Grand Prix of Cycling, Oktoberfest, Festival of the Whales, Car Washes, our annual Combat Golf Tournament and Laughs for Leathernecks Comedy Show at the Irvine Improv.
Volunteering for our Fifth Marine and Wounded Warrior events is FUN! Our Patriotic friends enjoy tremendous camaraderie and feel passion for our compelling mission in support of all those who sacrifice so much for our freedom.
WHERE DO WE LIVE?
Our volunteers come from all over Southern California, with the majority living in or near Dana Point. Snowbirds and vacationers in Dana Point can join us on a part-time basis. Anyone and everyone is welcome to be part of our Volunteer Brigade!
HOW MUCH TIME WILL I HAVE TO VOLUNTEER?
When we need volunteers, we send out an email “call to action” to our list of volunteers. If it sounds like something you would like to participate in, just return the email with your commitment for the event. There is NO minimum or maximum number of events you must participate in. You may volunteer for as many events as you wish, or even just once a year!
HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
Please contact our Director of Volunteers, Sheri Schneringer email@example.com