Our Mission helps Wounded Warriors Fulfill Dreams
“Wounded Warrior” has become a very familiar term for our American heroes who have been Combat Wounded, Ill, or Injured. The Dana Point 5th Marine Regiment Support Group takes care of our Active Duty Wounded Warriors at Wounded Warrior Battalion West and the Balboa Naval Hospital.
The public should not confuse our mission with other non-profit Veteran organizations; some of which have very high administrative costs and a very low percentage of funds going directly to those served. Our Support Organization proudly states that since we are comprised totally by Volunteers, every dollar donated goes to our Brave Defenders “Still in the fight” and their families.
Our American Heroes need creative and inspiring challenges to keep them hopeful and actively engaged in their recovery. Sustained courage and determination are essential to promote their self-esteem and physical rehabilitation.
Some of our Wounded Warrior initiatives are:
- Meals for the Brave: Healthy and nutritious meals provided for the Warrior Athletes who compete in the Wounded Warrior Trials at Camp Pendleton. In 2016 we served nearly 1000 meals for our athletes.
- Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra: Scholarships for Summer and Winter Outdoor programs so that our disabled warriors can experience the freedom and exhilaration of outdoor challenges skiing with adaptive equipment, cruising on a cycle, rock climbing or fishing. In 2016 we will provide $20,000 in scholarships.
- Equine Therapy: Promotes physical, occupational, and emotional growth in persons with traumatic brain injuries, post traumatic stress disorder, physical disabilities and other mental/medical problems.
- Photography Classes
- Respite Care for Care Givers
- Transportation to and from Doctors
- Child Care
If you are passionate about helping our Warriors with these much needed morale-boosting opportunities for healing you may donate to the Dana Point 5th Marine Regiment Support Group. Remember, because we have no salaries, every dollar may be spent on these extraordinary individuals who have sacrificed so much for our freedom.